October 10 is World Mental Health Day -- Help Us Celebrate the Power of Work!
Once again, we are pleased to collaborate with the World Federation for Mental Health on making World Mental Health Day 2021 on October 10th a unique and exciting experience. This year’s theme is: Mental Health in an Unequal World. The purpose of the day is to help expand effective global and community solutions for reversing the effects of mental illness through raising awareness, eliminating stigma, empowering communities, encouraging greater investment by key stakeholders, and celebrating accomplishments. Click here to view our Press Release!
Our 2021 WMHD Campaign: Work WORKS!
Please join us and 20 participating Clubhouse International Clubhouses as we highlight the positive impact of our Employment Programs on mitigating the challenges of inequality faced by people living with mental illness.
Here’s What YOU Can Do
- Share your employment success story on our Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or YouTube pages!
- Become an Employer Partner — click here to visit our Employer Partner web page
- Learn more about Employment Programs at a Clubhouse near you — click here for our International Directory
- Learn more in this video!
How Work WORKS at Clubhouses
The Challenge: Inequality for people living with mental illness, and the challenges they face as they seek to obtain and maintain gainful employment and fully integrate with society.
The Solution: Clubhouse Transitional, Supported and Independent Employment Programs. These programs are effective strategies for helping Clubhouse members return to paid employment, which is a gateway to recovery.
- Better employment rates — 42% at Accredited Clubhouses annually – double the average rate for people in the public mental health system public mental health system.
- A road to permanent employment for Clubhouse Members: Here is one example from Fontenehuset i Oslo in Norway: Mental health problems had made it difficult for Marit to work for 12 years, but, with the help of her local Clubhouse, she got a transitional job and eventually a permanent job in her desired and trained profession as a Pharmacy Technician. She later said, “If someone had said when I entered the Clubhouse that I would end up in a permanent job again, I would not have believed it.”
- And positive outcomes for Employers: “Partnering with Potential Place Clubhouse has been amazing on so many levels. We have had great success with the individuals who have joined our team – we have hired Michael on permanently as the associates on my staff couldn’t bear to see him go. He is such a great team member!!!” Arlene Gillespie, General Manager, Staples, BC, Canada
Meet Our 2021 WMHD Clubhouse Partners!
- Academy at Glengary, FL, USA
- B’More Clubhouse, MD, USA
- Casa del Parana, Rosario, Argentina
- Clubhouse Atlanta, GA, USA
- Club Itaca, Italy
- Fontenehus Norge, Oslo, Norway
- Fontenehuset Norde-Follo, Ski, Norway
- Fountain House South Africa & Mitchell’s Plain, Cape Town, South Africa
- Guadalajara Clubhouse A.C. , Guadalajara, Mexico
- Independence Center, MO, USA
- Lexington House of Elkhart, IN, USA
- Leitung Clubhaus Schwalbennest, Munich, Germany
- Leitung Clubhaus München Giesing, Munich, Germany
- Näsinkulma Klubitalo, Tampere, Finland
- Phoenix Clubhouse, Hong Kong, PRC
- Potential Place Society, Alberta, Calgary, Canada
- Prelude Clubhouse, TX, USA
- Stepping Stone Clubhouse, Coorparoo, Queensland, Australia