Clubhouse International joins other mental health organizations in recognizing May as Mental Health Awareness Month. We hope you will join us in taking this opportunity to raise awareness and take action. Together, we can change the world of mental health!
- Join us for Clubhouse Giving Day! Follow us on social media and visit our Clubhouse Giving Day web page to learn how you can support your favorite Clubhouse and Clubhouse International during the giving period from May 19 through June 1.
- Click here to watch our recent Virtual Roundtable Discussion on May 19, Our Stories, The Many Faces of Mental Illness (read more below).
- Member Voices Speak Out. Throughout the month of May, we are sharing the voices of members from Clubhouses all over the world who are living with mental illness and demonstrating every day that recovery is possible. Visit our Member Voices web page for these moving testimonies to the power of Clubhouses in helping people recover from mental illness.
Add Your Voice
We invite you to add your voice – from anywhere in the world – to create opportunity for people living with mental illness, as part of several exciting initiatives happening this month:
We are proud to be a founding partner of Mental Health Action Day on May 19 (MHAD), powered by MTV, now in its second year. Although more people than ever are comfortable discussing mental health, finding effective resources, such as Clubhouses, and knowing how to get help remain challenges. MHAD is an open-source movement of brands, organizations and cultural leaders driving awareness to action. This year's theme is Connection as people of all ages continue to seek out ways to cope with isolation stemming from the pandemic and mental health conditions.
Virtual Roundtable Discussion
In honor of Mental Health Action Day, we are pleased to present a Virtual Roundtable Discussion, "Our Stories: The Many Faces of Mental Illness."
Click here to watch the video -- and see how people from two seemingly different worlds met virtually — and found they were more similar than they’d believed. They are stories of hardship and hope, of struggles and successes. Mental illness can affect anyone, anywhere. These stories are OUR stories. Together, we can change the world of mental health.
#MemberVoices on Social Media
Throughout the month of May, we will be amplifying the voices of lived experience by featuring the stories of Clubhouse members who demonstrate every day that RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE.
- Celebrate the importance of community in recovery: follow us and share with your networks
- Add your voice to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages; use the #MemberVoices and #MentalHealthActionDay hashtags.
- And click here to see some of the stories we have received.
Clubhouse Giving Day (June 1)
Clubhouse International presents Clubhouse Giving Day, a dedicated day where Clubhouse International along with our member Clubhouses work together to promote our organizations and the worldwide Clubhouse network, in our communities and on social media. The effort will recognize, celebrate and help raise funds for the critical mental health services that Clubhouse provides to communities around the world. The event is powered by GiveGab.
Please follow us on social media and visit our www.clubhousegivingday.org page to learn how you can get involved throughout the month of May and on June 1st. Use the #ClubhouseGivingDay and #ClubhouseWorks hashtags.
Keep the Momentum Going!
- Make a gift in support of our efforts to change the world of mental health
- Engage with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
We hope you will join us for one or all of these initiatives as we come together as a global Clubhouse community!