World Seminar 2019 Recap and Speeches
“It was a highlight in my life that I will cherish forever. Meeting new people from around the globe and knowing first hand we have more in common than differences. I have learned so much from other Clubhouses and shared as well. I have made new friends and hope sometime in my future I can attend another Clubhouse International World Seminar.” – Clubhouse colleague
Over 400 people from 20 countries and over 100 Clubhouses gathered in Norway, September 28 – October 3, 2019 for the Clubhouse International World Seminar 2019. The opening address was given by Tone Wilhelmsen Trøen, who is the current President of the Norwegian Parliament (Storting).
Clubhouse International World Seminar 2019 Program
Key speakers included Gro Harlem Brundtland, Shekhar Saxena, Elisha London and other global mental health leaders.
Innovations in the Clubhouse Model for helping people living with mental illness get their lives back were shared in plenary sessions and institutes. In addition, fundamental best practices relating to the Clubhouse Model were presented in 44 workshops. The broad array of presentations and multiple networking opportunities provided a rich learning opportunity for our global colleagues.
Click on the links below to access the Plenary speeches:
- OPENING PLENARY – 25 Years of Changing the World of Mental Health, Nicholas Ratut, Board Chair, Clubhouse International
- OPENING PLENARY – Tone Wilhelmsen Trøen, President, The Storting (Norwegian Parliament)
- OPENING PLENARY- Bitt Mai and David Malatesta, MC’s, Fontenehuset i Oslo
- OPENING PLENARY – Einar Belck-Olsen, Member, Fontenehuset i Oslo
- OPENING PLENARY – Norway Story, Torhild Stimo and Svein Jacobsen, Fontenehus Norge (Clubhouse Norway Coalition)
- Dr Gro Harlem Brundtland, Propst Award Acceptance Speech, World Seminar 2019
- Click here to see related news announcement regarding this award
- COMMUNITY – Cindy Hamersma, Clubhouse De Waterheuvel, The Netherlands
- COMMUNITY – Steven Manning, Board Member, Clubhouse International
- EMPLOYMENT – Cynthia Anderson, Fountain House, Stockholm, Sweden
- EMPLOYMENT – Eva Smoczynski, Fountain House Stockholm, Sweden
- MY EXPERIENCE AT THE WORLD SEMINAR – Teresa, Casaclub Baires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- NEW CLUBHOUSE DEVELOPMENT – Mari Lipp, Peeter Teder and Sander Valk, Haabersti Klubimaja, Estonia
- NEW CLUBHOUSE DEVELOPMENT – Morten O. Flaten and Helene Molvig, Fontenehuset Rygge, Norway
- NEW CLUBHOUSE DEVELOPMENT – Kailey Fiedler-Gohlke, HERO House NW, Seattle Washington USA
- POWER OF GIVING BACK – Knut Stubben, Board Member, Clubhouse International
- POWER OF GIVING BACK – Mike Tibbles, Pathways Clubhouse, Canada
- POWER OF GIVING BACK – Paula Boyd, Putnam Clubhouse, California USA
- WELLNESS – Francez Leung and Rennie Rathour, Phoenix Clubhouse, Hong Kong
We would like to thank all who participated, and especially our hosts, Fontenehuset i Oslo and Fontenehus Norge/Clubhouse Norway, and our Sponsors, Lucy Høeghs Stiftelse, Sunovion, Alkermes, and Delta Airlines, for partnering with us to carry out this memorable event.