Clubhouse Program Director Job Description
Vincent House Pasco, located in Hudson, Florida is seeking a dedicated, charismatic person with strong Clubhouse knowledge to serve as the Program Director of our newest Clubhouse. Vincent House Pasco is a sister Clubhouse to our two year accredited Clubhouse, Vincent House Hernando and the original, seventeen year old Vincent House, located in Pinellas Park, FL.
Vincent House Pasco follows the Clubhouse Model of Rehabilitation, which is a restorative community where people living with mental illnesses can come to rebuild their lives. Clubhouses provide as a right of membership, access to employment, education, housing and other support services. Program participants, called Members, work side by side with the staff on the daily operation of the Clubhouse which in-turn allows them to learn valuable skills while building the meaningful relationships needed to live successful and productive lives in the community.
The ideal person for this position must believe in the innate potential of every member and understand that recovery from a mental illness is not only possible; it is probable with the right supports.
- Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required in social work, psychology, rehabilitation or other related field from an accredited university preferred.
- Minimum of three years professional experience at an accredited Clubhouse
- Minimum of one year as a Program Coordinator or related position
- Must have attended or be willing to attend two or three-week Clubhouse Training at an approved training site
- Must maintain all license requirements
- Must be physically able to perform functions associated with this position, including ability to lift up to 30#, operate a motor vehicle, ability to be "on stage" all day,
- Must have friendly outgoing personality that will enable members to feel welcome and comfortable with the Clubhouse community
- Demonstrate passion for the philosophy of the Clubhouse model of rehabilitation
- Provide leadership and vision to the members and staff, upholding the integrity of the Clubhouse model and the coherence of the Vincent House community
- Identify, recruit, support and retain a team of results-oriented, creative thinkers as staff, and assume responsibility for their professional growth and development
- Encourage full member participation in all the work of Vincent House
- Provide innovative leadership in program development to keep Vincent House on the cutting edge in the Clubhouse world
- Oversee the programmatic, financial and administrative management of Vincent House
- Lead change, ensuring clarity, understanding and commitment to goals, objectives, timelines and outcomes
- Establish Vincent House as a resource for Mental Health services throughout the Pasco County area
- Develop strategies to maximize use of technology
- Build relationships with appropriate key leadership in partner organizations, state oversight agencies, and the community
- Actively cultivate and maintain relationships with donors and prospective donors
- Demonstrate success as a fundraiser, capable of articulating an organizational mission
- Demonstrate ability to work with funding sources, including billing and grant writing
- Demonstrate strategic vision and leadership, with ability to be hands-on when needed
- Demonstrate success as a general business manager with profit and loss accountability
- Ability to gain high level of community knowledge and connectivity
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and listening; experience representing an organization to the public
- Strong interpersonal skills; sensitivity to diversity and multi-cultural issues. Able to build effective relationships for the organization among diverse constituencies: Clubhouse staff, members, Board and the Community. Cultural competency is required.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational ability
- Experience using technology and electronic media
- Experience with government contracts a plus, including Medicaid
Salary commensurate with experience AA/EOE