Reports to: Alliance House Administration
The Clubhouse Generalist will work with members to ensure that their unit is operating effectively in accordance to the Clubhouse Standards and set objectives.
As with all staff positions the Clubhouse generalists role is participating in all aspects of the Clubhouse including unit work, care co-ordination, employment, housing and homelessness, wellness and social/recreational activities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for ensuring the programs operate in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act Standards.
- Understand and operate in accordance with the Clubhouse philosophy and policy as outlined in the Clubhouse International model. http://clubhouse-intl.org/
- Assist with the development of appropriate linkages with community agencies, clinical services, government departments and other relevant programs.
- Work closely with other colleagues, members and community agencies to develop services that are responsive to the needs of members.
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the program by working side by side to with members to run the non-profit organization.
- Be responsible for maintaining communication at various levels through a range of mechanisms.
- Ensure that programs are introduced and developed in keeping with set time lines.
- Assist members to set, develop and carry out reasonable service plans and goals
- Act as a role model for members through appropriate attitudes, behavior and dress standards within the Clubhouse work and social setting.
- Assist with the training of new staff and students.
- Train, support and work alongside members and employers the community
- Assist members to learn skills and gain confidence that will assist in a range of life skills
- In keeping with the philosophy of the Clubhouse, all the staff are expected to be involved in all areas of the running of the Clubhouse.
- Flexibility of hours will be required as the position will involve some weekend, public holiday and evening work.
- Be aware of the importance of rights of the individual balanced with duty of care.
- Advocate for members at any appropriate level.
- Provide presentations to community organizations on the Clubhouse model.
- Participate in a two or three- week colleague training program on the Clubhouse model.
- Be a member of the Clubhouse International Training team as requested.
- Graduated from an accredited institution with a Bachelor’s degree. Preference will be given to those will a degree in the human services field.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in programs for people with a mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs in a way that ensures maximum consumer participation.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possess a current valid Driver’s Licence in the United States.
- Preference given to those with experience/knowledge of the Clubhouse model
- Must be willing to drive a 15-passenger van
- Must be willing to become CPR/First Aid certified within 90 days of hire
- Must be willing to obtain a food handler permit within 90 days of hire.
All staff are required to participate in an annual performance review with their supervisor.
You can apply for this position by going to https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=cc5de53a8511fb88&tk=1d61fdlmub88r800&from=company