Time commitment: This is a full-time position
Accountability: The Executive Director reports to the Elevation House Board of Directors
Authority: The Executive Director is authorized by the Board of Directors to act on behalf of the organization, to speak for the organization and to manage the day-to-day operations of the Clubhouse. The Executive Director is authorized to enter into contracts and agreements on behalf of the organization.
Responsibility: The Executive Director provides leadership, vision and direction for Elevation House in pursuit of its mission. The Executive Director is responsible for the active recruitment of eligible Clubhouse members from the community, program development, hiring, managing and terminating employees of the Clubhouse, fundraising, administering the budget, public relations, contract management, and publicly representing the mission and vision of the Clubhouse. S/he is responsible for the provision of quality program services and imaginative implementation of the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs (www.clubhouse- intl.org).
- Provide leadership and management of the day-to day operations of Elevation House.
- Oversee the intake and orientation process of new program referrals resulting in Clubhouse membership.
- Ensure significant and meaningful participation by Elevation House members in all aspects of the Clubhouse organization.
- Establish a positive Clubhouse culture of excellence with a focus on helping each member with recovery and establishment of purpose and maximization of their potential.
- Work collaboratively with Elevation House Start-Up Group and Board of Directors to deliver successful delivery of services.
- Lead Fund fundraising activities for the Clubhouse including capital building campaign, major fundraising events, grants and new ongoing revenue streams.
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with community support-partners in the areas of Housing, Employment, Education and Healthcare.
- Prepare for and attend board meetings, and board committee meetings.
- Coordinate communication between the Clubhouse and members of the board.
- Recruit, hire, and manage the performance of all Elevation House staff members.
- Successfully manage the annual budget development while monitoring and reporting the ongoing financial activities for the Clubhouse.
- Lead Public Relations activities for Elevation House to promote community awareness and support.
- Obtain and maintain Clubhouse Certification from the International Center for Clubhouse Development.
- Communicate in a timely manner to the Board of Directors and all required organizations of any serious, incidents, issues or concerns.
- Coordinate volunteer-activity in a way that maximizes value for Elevation House.
- Provide all required reports and information to government and funding source organizations.
- Keep informed about issues in the general community relevant to the mission and operations of the Clubhouse.
- Complete all administration in a timely manner, including, but not limited to, orientation paperwork, monthly statistical reports, services logs, progress notes, and Service Plans.
- Bachelors degree
- Possess an authentic concern for people living with mental illness.
- A minimum of three years employment experience with continually increasing responsibilities in a Clubhouse or non-profit service organization.
- A clear understanding, ability to articulate and a commitment to the values and beliefs of a Clubhouse program for people living with mental illness.
- A demonstrable understanding of the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to work long and varied hours
- A willingness to participate in the 3-week Clubhouse Training Program at a certified Training Base.
- Must have the ability to work with many different kinds of people with varied personalities and interests.
- Recovery: Clubhouse Members achieve reduction in hospitalizations and incarcerations vs their pre-clubhouse involvement.
- Employment: Clubhouse Members who seek employment successfully secure employment opportunities.
- Education: Clubhouse Members who seek to further their education enter appropriate programs.
- Housing: Clubhouse Members secure and maintain safe, dignified housing.
- Fundraising: Executive Director achieves/exceeds targeted Clubhouse fundraising goals. Budgets: Executive Director achieves targeted results within annual Clubhouse budget.
- Staffing levels are appropriate to meet clients’ needs within Clubhouse Budget.
- Elevation House staff is knowledgeable about their roles and responsibilities and the mission and goals of the clubhouse program.
- Quality improvement recommendations are implemented.
- Good coordination and effective working relations exist with employers, educators, housing agencies and other relevant community agencies.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Elevation House will operate in a shared space until the Clubhouse can afford its own building. This will require weekly tear-down and set-up of tables, chairs and signs. It is expected that this tear-down and set-up will be done with support by Clubhouse Members as part of the work-ordered day.
- The employee must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to sit and drive a car.
- The employee must be able to walk on uneven surfaces and climb stairs.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to write, operate a computer and use telephone communications devices.
- The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The usual work environment is indoors, in an office or group meeting room.
- Elevation House will operate in a shared space until the Clubhouse can afford its own building. This will require strong collaboration with existing building ownership and the ability to be adaptable.
- Occasional meetings with other agencies will require the ability to transfer oneself to another provider location or place of business, which could be some distance from the usual workstation.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org