Position: Staff Generalist, Kitchen & Wellness Unit
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Organization Overview: Austin Clubhouse is a local nonprofit serving adults with mental health diagnoses since 2010. Austin Clubhouse adheres to the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs, a non-clinical model of recovery. On-site opportunities are offered for adults to engage in meaningful work and connect to resources that promote recovery, whole health and wellness, and self-sufficiency. Austin Clubhouse empowers adults to achieve their goals while reducing isolation and building community.
Position Summary: The Staff Generalist leads daily activities and projects at Austin Clubhouse, working side-by-side with members (Clubhouse program participants), in the Kitchen & Wellness Unit. The Staff Generalist ensures members are engaged and working together to complete tasks, including meal preparation, kitchen and snack bar operations, vegetable gardening, and community outreach. The Staff Generalist links members to community resources and promotes whole health and wellness concepts at the Clubhouse.
- Facilitate and engage members in the Kitchen & Wellness Unit work.
- Oversee all kitchen operations, including inventory, ordering and cleaning.
- Facilitate daily member and staff meetings.
- Plan and shop for lunch, dinner, snack, and kitchen supply items.
- Prepare daily lunch for a large group, organizing tasks amongst members and providing on-the-spot culinary training and support.
- Tend the vegetable garden when needed.
- Identify and promote whole health and wellness concepts at the Clubhouse.
- Support Business & Administration Unit tasks, including onboarding new members.
- Develop and maintain relevant community partnerships.
- Ensure compliance to the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs.
- Goal set with members and connect to community resources as needed.
- Manage the Kitchen & Wellness Unit budget.
- Make community presentations as needed.
- Track outcomes and complete program reports.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human services.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations, preferably individuals with mental health diagnosis.
- Knowledge of community resources for diverse populations.
- Knowledge of and ability to promote whole health and wellness concepts at the Clubhouse.
- Ability to goal set and link adults to supportive services.
- Ability to manage crisis and deescalate situations.
- Ability to plan and prepare meals for large groups, including delegating tasks and ensuring quality and safety.
- Culinary or kitchen work experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work one evening a month, one Saturday a quarter, and three holidays a year.
- Health benefits package- medical, dental, vision
- Paid-time off
● Send cover letter and resume to John-Michael Krakoski, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
● Deadline for submission: Monday, December 30, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.