Vincent House, a Clubhouse of Van Gogh’s Palette, Inc., is seeking a director to continue to provide high quality rehabilitation services to adults living with a serious mental illness in Pinellas Park, FL. Located in the greater Tampa Bay/Pinellas County Area, Van Gogh’s Palette, Inc. has three distinct Clubhouses; Vincent House is our foundation. We also have two Clubhouses in surrounding counties and the directors are expected to work together as we ensure our mission and Clubhouse standards are maintained at all locations and our procedures are substantially similar to those created by our founders.
Our mission is to assist, promote and celebrate individuals living with a mental illness in their effort to improve social and vocational skills and become employed in the community.
Our vision is to create a community of inclusion whereby persons with mental illnesses become empowered to achieve independence and employment in a community free of discrimination.
Vincent House is accredited by Clubhouse International, adheres to the 37 International Standards, is fiscally sound and operates from a state of the art facility that is mortgage free and debt free. In 2009, Vincent House hosted the 15IS with over 800 attendees from 26 countries worldwide.
The Program Director will have strategic and operational responsibility for Vincent House and will report to the Board of Directors. The Program Director will have a deep knowledge of the Clubhouse model, including 2-3 week training at an International Training Base. In addition, the Program Director will:
- Demonstrate passion for the philosophy of the Clubhouse model of rehabilitation
- Provide leadership and vision to the Clubhouse members and staff, upholding the integrity of the Clubhouse model and the coherence of the Vincent House community
- Identify, recruit, support and retain a team of results-oriented, creative thinkers as staff, and assume responsibility for their professional growth and development
- Encourage full member participation in all areas of Vincent House
- Provide innovative leadership in program development to keep Vincent House on the leading edge of the field
- Oversee the programmatic, financial and administrative management of Vincent House
- Lead change, ensuring clarity, understanding and commitment to goals, objectives, timelines and outcomes
- Establish Vincent House as a resource for case managers, job coaches and mental health providers throughout Pinellas County
- Develop strategies to maximize use of technology
- Build relationships with appropriate key leadership in partner organizations, state oversight agencies, and the community
- Actively foster/maintain relationships with donors and prospective donors
- Actively participate in collaboration with the Florida Clubhouse Coalition (FCC)
- Demonstrate success as a fundraiser, capable of articulating an organizational mission
- Demonstrate strategic vision and leadership, with ability to be hands-on when needed
- Demonstrate success as a general business manager with profit and loss accountability
- Experience with government contracts and working with elected officials
- Five years of progressive experience in Clubhouse leadership positions; experience as a Clubhouse director preferred Master’s Degree in social work, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, or related field
- Experience working with a Board of Directors Detail-oriented with superior organizational ability
- Ability to gain high level of community knowledge and connectivity
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and listening; experience representing an organization to the public
- Experience using technology and electronic media to advance professional and organizational effectiveness
- Strong interpersonal skills; sensitivity to diversity and multi-cultural issues
- Able to build effective relationships for the organization among diverse constituencies: Clubhouse staff, members, and the Community.
- Cultural competency is required
- Salary is commensurate with experience