Clubhouse International helps start and grow Clubhouses globally, where people with mental illness can go to get their lives back.
A world where people with mental illness recover and are an integral part of society
Ending social and economic isolation for people with mental illness by growing the number and quality of Clubhouse rehabilitation programs worldwide
25 Years of Changing the World of Mental Health: What We’ve Accomplished
- Our Training Bases have trained over 1,500 Clubhouse groups and almost 4,000 individuals
- We have organized 13 World Seminars with more than 9,000 participants attending over 1,000 workshops, institutes and plenary sessions relating to Clubhouse practice
- We have collaborated with Clubhouses to review and improve the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs 12 times, and included the ideas and voices of thousands of Clubhouse members and staff each time
- We have conducted 800 accreditation processes, validating success and helping to strengthen Clubhouses everywhere
- More than 200 Clubhouse members and staff were trained as Clubhouse Faculty Members, and they all gave their time to helping Clubhouses around the world achieve accreditation
- And, we estimate that between 500,000 and 1 million unique individuals became a member of a Clubhouse somewhere in the world.
This past year’s results (based on estimates from data submitted by Clubhouses to our Clubhouse Profile Questionnaire, administered by the Program for Clubhouse Research, an affiliation between Clubhouse International and the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS):
- Clubhouse programs accessed almost US$200 million dollars in public and private funding for our Clubhouse programs
- Clubhouses provided about 800,000 hours of programs and services
- Approximately 500,000 Reachout Contacts were made to absent members from their Clubhouse colleagues
- Clubhouse members earned more than US$50 million from Transitional, Supported and Independent employment
- Together, we have made a difference in the world!