Job Title: Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist, Clubhouse Model, full time
Location: Independence Center, 4245 Forest Park, St. Louis, MO 63108
v Are you passionate about community mental health?
v Are you interested in assisting adults who live with mental illness with their recovery?
v Are you flexible and open to experiencing new challenges on a daily basis?
v Do you regularly go above and beyond the call of duty?
v Do you have a sense of humor?
Yes? Then Independence Center may be the perfect match for your career search! The Rehab Specialist works within a team setting and is responsible for engaging members, our clients, to build relationships and take advantage of opportunities within the Clubhouse program. The desirable outcomes are hope, personal growth and a higher quality of life for the member. Connection to this unique community leads to a life of achievement and fulfillment.
In partnership with BJC Healthcare, Independence Center is a nonprofit organization committed to providing a comprehensive system of high-quality programs and services to assist adults in the St. Louis metropolitan area with serious and persistent mental illnesses to live and work in the community, independently and with dignity.
To accomplish its mission, the Center promotes rehabilitation and employment, provides educational, social and housing opportunities and offers training in its approach to community-based care. For more information, please visit www.independencecenter.org.
Please apply If this sounds like a good fit match to you, please apply on the website below by completing a profile, clicking on the location Barnes-Jewish Hospital, and searching for Independence Center staff.
To Apply: http://www.bjc.org/Jobs
For more information: Email Director of Operations, Jennifer Higginbotham, MSW, LCSW
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Human Service Field
Driver’s License, Class E Preferred
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
Work Ordered Day:
§ Build genuine relationships through working side-by side
§ Identify individual members’ strengths and talents and offer opportunities for meaningful work.
- Assure work is visible, accessible and sufficient to engage all members all day in all aspects of the Clubhouse.
§ Support, encourage, redirect and creatively involve all members in the clubhouse
§ Assume bottom line responsibility for engaging members in the successful completion of ALL unit work.
§ Facilitate and participate daily in unit meetings, TE meetings, Clubhouse meetings, and philosophy/policy meetings-assuring full member participation
§ Be aware of members not in attendance and ensure effective outreach
§ Assist members with creating and updating a meaningful plan that has measurable goals. Partner with member’s to achieve their goals.
§ Complete weekly notes on time and with good quality.
§ Be responsive to feedback from others: member, coworkers, Team Leads etc…
- Partner with members to achieve positive outcomes in the following areas, including but not limited to: employment, education, housing, social, legal, substance abuse, physical health, mental health.
§ Assist members with identifying and accessing benefits including SSDI, SSI. Food Stamps, Medicaid, SCLP, Section 8, etc.
§ Proactively address needs before situations become crises.
§ Support member through crisis situations by identifying the seriousness of the problem, accessing needed services, assisting with hospitalization, and ensuring follow-up.
§ Coordinate services with other care providers including BJC Behavioral Health, physicians, therapists, case workers, Vocation Rehabilitation, and other agencies.
- Foster an atmosphere of belief in all member’s ability to work
- Complete Placement Manager training annually and fulfill placement manager responsibilities.
- Encourage members to break the cycle of TE through job development activities and support members seeking supported or independent employment
- Assist with resume development, interview skills, job searches and support members in keeping their job.
- Foster an atmosphere of belief in all members’ ability to further their education.
- Promptly assist members with application, registration, financial aid, linkage to school supports and any other supports necessary to succeed.
- Complete education “Placement Management” training annually and fulfill responsibilities.
- Assure that all members have a safe, decent, and affordable home of their choice.
- Promptly address homelessness.
- Provide supports to help members live independently.
- Create a culture of wellness by educating, motivating and celebrating.
- Partner with members to make lifestyle changes such as healthy eating, physical activity and tobacco cessation.
- Complete Wellness Coach training and fulfill responsibilities.
§ Work with members to plan and promote special social events on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
§ Connect with members outside of the Work Ordered Day by truly participating in activities.
§ Broaden relationships, be yourself, create a festive atmosphere and have fun.