Position: Staff Generalist, Vitality Unit
Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Organization Overview: Austin Clubhouse is a local nonprofit serving adults with mental health diagnoses since 2010. Austin Clubhouse adheres to the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs, a non-clinical model of recovery. On-site opportunities are offered for adults to engage in meaningful work and connect to resources that promote recovery, whole health and wellness, and self-sufficiency. Austin Clubhouse empowers adults to achieve their goals while reducing isolation and building community.
Position Summary: The Staff Generalist leads daily activities and projects at Austin Clubhouse, working side-by-side with members (Clubhouse program participants), in the Vitality Unit. The Staff Generalist ensures members are engaged and working together to complete tasks, including meal preparation, kitchen and snack bar operations, vegetable gardening, and community outreach. The Staff Generalist links members to community resources and promotes whole health and wellness concepts at the Clubhouse. ** Due to COVID-19, we are operating hybrid, virtually on Zoom and part-time in-person, until further notice.
Virtual Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Clubhouse members and staff on projects over Zoom.
- Co-facilitate morning and afternoon meetings on Zoom.
- Do reach out calls to Clubhouse members to keep members connected to the Clubhouse community and offer support and resources.
- Co-facilitate Clubhouse information sessions for potential new members.
- Work with Clubhouse members on creative multimedia projects (i.e. e-cards, videos, newsletter, other publications, etc.).
- Perform data entry (i.e. Clubhouse attendance, reach out data, new member applications, vitality data, etc.).
- Facilitate and engage members in the Vitality Unit work. Specifically, help to enhance and grow the virtual Vitality Unit work.
- Maintain a safe and respectful work environment.
- Tend the vegetable garden when needed.
- Identify and promote whole health and wellness concepts at the Clubhouse.
- Develop and maintain relevant community partnerships.
- Ensure compliance to the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs.
- Goal set with members and connect to community resources as needed.
- Manage the Vitality Unit budget.
- Make community presentations as needed.
- Track outcomes and complete program reports.
- Help to implement a transition back to on-site programming through safety measures, space modification, adherence to public health guidelines, etc
Additional In-Person Job Responsibilities upon reopening:
- Facilitate and engage members in the Vitality Unit work, both virtually and on-site.
- Oversee all kitchen operations, including inventory, ordering and cleaning.
- Facilitate daily member and staff meetings.
- Plan and shop for lunch, dinner, snack, and kitchen supply items.
- Prepare daily lunch for 30+ people, organizing tasks amongst members and providing on-the-spot culinary training and support.
- Support Operations Unit tasks as needed.
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human services.
● Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
● Experience working with vulnerable populations, preferably individuals with mental health diagnoses.
● Knowledge of community resources for diverse populations.
● Knowledge of and ability to promote whole health and wellness concepts at the Clubhouse.
● Ability to goal set and link adults to supportive services.
● Ability to manage crisis and deescalate situations.
● Ability to plan and prepare meals for large groups (30+ people), including delegating tasks and ensuring quality and safety.
● Culinary or kitchen work experience preferred.
● First Aid, CPR and Food Handlers certifications preferred.
● Working familiarity with Google Suite, Zoom and Microsoft Office required.
● Canva or other design software, Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management Software preferred.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work one evening a month, one Saturday a quarter, and three holidays a year.
● Health benefits package- medical, dental, vision
● Paid time off
● Send cover letter and resume to John-Michael Krakoski, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● No phone calls, please.