Executive Director Job Description and Posting
The A.I.M. Center (Achievement, Independence and Motivation), Inc., seeks a competent, dynamic, passionate, and committed CEO/Executive Director who believes in the power of community and recovery for adults with mental health diagnoses. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programming and strategic plan of the AIM Center. The Executive Director provides leadership and vision, and collaborates with the board of directors, staff, stakeholders, and members to advance the mission of the AIM Center.
AIM Center Mission:
AIM Center provides consumer-driven psychiatric rehabilitation services that enhance recovery in the living, working, learning and social environments.
• Lead day-to-day operations and staff of the AIM Center and AIM Housing, Inc., with ultimate accountability to the Board of Directors for the success of the organization
• Act as the primary liaison to the AIM Center’s Board of Directors, engaging Board members in the current and future needs of the organization
• In collaboration with the Board of Directors and staff, manage the development and implementation of the strategic plan, with a focus on continued growth and expansion of programs and services
• Serve and support members, volunteers, Board of Directors, and committees
• Build and mentor high performing staff and volunteer leadership teams, hiring, developing, retaining, managing and evaluating a team committed to The AIM Center’s mission and work
• Develop and manage AIM Center’s annual budget (s) including AIM Housing, Inc., ensuring that the organization continues to build and maintain a cash surplus while expanding its impact
• Build and enhance AIM Center’s culture, defined by passion, humility, optimism, collaboration, and results orientation
• Energize the organization with a vision for long-term plans to increase AIM Center’s visibility and reach
• Act as primary voice to Clubhouse International, leading all efforts necessary for accreditation and licensure
• Perform other duties as the situation dictates
• Serve as the strong external face and voice of the organization, enhancing AIM Center’s visibility and credibility
• In partnership with the Board of Directors, staff, and members, create and cultivate relationships with major donors to build a broad base of support and a network of champions for AIM Center’s work
• Develop and manage strategic relationships to position AIM Center as a strategic collaborative partner in developing better local and state mental health policy.
Leadership of Director-Level Staff
• Provide vision, oversight and direction to our members and staff
• In partnership with the Board, develop and enhance systems to monitor, evaluate and assure program integrity and fidelity to Clubhouse International Standards
• Secure grants and contracts (local, state and federal level); develop creative entrepreneurial partnerships that will enhance the development of AIM Center
• Develop and implement a communications strategy for improved communication amongst members, staff and Board and Advisory Board stakeholders
• 10 years professional experience working with vulnerable populations preferably individuals with mental health diagnosis
• Deep connection to AIM Center mission, with the ability to build rapport with members and their families
• Outstanding organizational leadership skills, with an ability to articulate a clear and inspiring vision for AIM Center while managing and mentoring staff and members
• Strong critical thinking skills, with a track record of developing strategies in the face of crisis, complexity, and ambiguity
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse spectrum of stakeholders and an ability to influence leaders in the private, public and nonprofit sectors
• Demonstrated success cultivating individual and corporate donors, writing grants, and negotiating contracts.
• A keen intellect, with the ability to be an independent thinker and creative problem solver
• Clear sense of integrity, with a commitment to serve and support marginalized groups specifically individuals and families with mental illness
• Cultural competency
• Experience providing senior leadership in a nonprofit organization
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
• Previous CEO/Executive Director Experience
• Experience working in a rehabilitative environment
• Experience with managed care contracting and strategies
• Master’s degree in Human Services or related field
• Experience with government contracts and working with elected officials
• Demonstrated experience in strategic plan development and implementation
• Experience with Clubhouse International accreditation process
• Experience with rehabilitation facility licensure/accreditation
This is a key full-time position set in an accredited Clubhouse environment which provides an attractive fringe benefits package including paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, employer-sponsored medical and dental insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance; and a 401K with employer matching contributions. Optional vision insurance is available.
Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with experience.
All interested qualified candidates please apply by sending a cover letter and resume’ of qualifications to the following email address: email@example.com or by fax to (423) 648-9135.
AIM Center is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Face Book: AIMCenterInc