Goodwill Industries of Greater New York seeks Rehab Generalist Position based in Queens, NY
Rehab Generalist- job post
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc.
Job Description Form
Position Title: Rehabilitation Generalist/TE Coord. Location: Citiview Connections
Reports To: Clubhouse Director Cost Center: 54016
Provide rehabilitative case management services to adults with psychiatric disabilities and co-occurring substance use disorders within a Clubhouse International accredited clubhouse setting and following the evidenced based model. Services include assisting clubhouse members with social service needs; including but not limited to vocational supports, housing, financial benefits counseling, and medical needs. Coordinate vocational and educational activities of program members. Work side by side in partnership with members to ensure the day to day functioning of the clubhouse is carried out.
- Staff use the Clubhouse environment to develop relationships whereby members experience themselves as valued participants in the Clubhouse community
- Staff has the responsibility to oversee the work that is integral to the provision of Transitional Employment and supportive employment services within the Clubhouse.
- Engage members through encouragement, appreciation for their help, and a focus on abilities, while allowing for and accepting limitations.
- Actively promote the development of members’ aspirations regarding Clubhouse participation, employment, education, housing, and social involvements.
- Respond to needs and problems of members with practical guidance and advice geared toward realizing aspirations, cooperation with others, and community integration.
- Participate with members in Clubhouse programming for social and recreational activities.
- Engage cooperatively with other staff and members in developing Clubhouse policies and in advancing the purposes and welfare of the Clubhouse as a whole.
- Assume responsibility for Clubhouse Units while developing new projects and methods to enhance unit functioning. Oversee the daily operations and management of the assigned unit including activities and goals
- Bring about all aspects of the assigned unit; including but not limited to, assisting members with meal planning and meal preparation, food shopping, food ordering and overseeing appliance maintenance or repairs, assisting members with clubhouse maintenance and cleaning, assistance with computer skills and monthly newsletter, and other tasks as assigned
- Provides case management; maintain caseload, provides outreach to members, including crisis intervention/prevention
- Facilitates various community meetings
- Design and facilitates various clubhouse activities in partnership with members
- Functions as Placement Manager for members in Transitional Employment, providing on the job-training for members and filling in for members on the job during absences
- Responsible for related monthly and quarterly reports
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- High School diploma required. Bachelor degree from an accredited school in related field preferred
- Work experience in mental health or vocational rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge of recovery model of services
- Experience in case management/ and or clubhouse experience
- Enjoys working in a kitchen, does not require background in culinary arts
- Must have aptitude for computers and have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Ability to effectively carry out responsibilities in a communal setting comprised of people experiencing the effects of mental illness.
- Impart to members a vision of their potential, through acceptance and empathy that is not restricted by disability but is based on needs and aspirations common to all people.
- The communal setting entails working in groups where staffs share responsibilities with members enabling the raising of expectations to permeate the group and members to lead in encouraging and empowering each other.
- Have the capability and flexibility of handling and juggling the multiplicity of activities and demands occurring in the group setting.
- Convey a vibrant energy that attracts members and enables both staff and members to do lots of things well.
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:
- Responsible for the financial operations of the assigned unit under the direction of the Program Director
- May supervise volunteers