HOPE CLUBHOUSE OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA, INC.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – JOB DESCRIPTION 2020
HOPE Clubhouse is a community resource that offers opportunities for people living with mental illness in Southwest Florida. The Clubhouse for people living with mental illness provides opportunities for meaningful work, education, friendship and access to housing in a supportive, caring, dignified and respectful community setting.
Responsibility: Under the direction of the Hope Clubhouse Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for managing the operation of the Clubhouse. The Executive Director must be able to exert strong leadership in mobilizing program members, staff and the Board of Directors to create a program that boosts members’ confidence and purposefulness, assures their quality paid employment in the community, creates educational opportunities, accesses housing and develops recreational and cultural opportunities.
The Executive Director implements Board policies, is responsible for financial accountability, develops programs, furthers community relations, and oversees fundraising efforts. He/she is also responsible for ICCD accreditation (certification) and implementation of ICCD standards.
- Implements Board policies.
- In concert with the Board, develops a Strategic Plan that includes a development plan.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with the Board of Directors.
- Provides expertise for input to the Board of Directors.
- Organizes and facilitates orientation for new Board members.
- Presents ongoing information about the Clubhouse operations, conveying this information in regular meetings with the Board of Directors and in written reports.
- Confers with the Board Chair on a regular basis.
- In concert with the Board, develops the budget.
- Implements, administers, and monitors the budget.
- Assumes responsibility for overall fiscal accountability.
- Ensures that expenditures are within annual budget restraints.
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate fiscal records.
- Implements and monitors the Clubhouse Mission, Vision and Values. Recruits, hires, trains, supervises and evaluates all staff
- Works with staff to develop plans for program coordination and enhancement.
- Attends training provided by the International Center for Clubhouse Development (ICCD).
- Assures that the Clubhouse setting is appropriate for the members’ needs.
- Educates staff, members and Board members about ICCD Standards.
- Works with staff and members to attain compliance with ICCD Standards and prepare for ICCD certification in a timely manner
- Understands Hope Clubhouse’s four “Ends Statements” and develops a Strategic Plan to achieve those ends.
- Identifies measurable long-range (three to five year) goals and immediate measurable goals (out to one year) and describes the activities required to achieve such goals.
- Develops a strategic plan with meaningful, quantifiable results within a given timeframe to meet the Clubhouse’s end statements.
- Successfully communicates with the board the strategic plan to enable board members to share the vision of the plan with the community.
- Reports regularly to the board progress in meeting the strategic plan goals.
- Periodically reviews and adjusts activities to meet end goals of the strategic plan and shares adjustments with the board.
- Documents overall effectiveness in meeting the goals of the strategic plan.
- Implements annual development plan, including major fundraisers identified by the Development Committee.
- Identifies new funding sources.
- Provides leadership and support in maintaining current donor base. Ensures appropriate donor cultivation and appreciation.
- Successfully solicits new and existing private and public funding sources, including personal solicitation and grant writing, among other fundraising approaches.
- Prepares reports for funders, including an annual report and status reports required by specific funders.
- Attends Hope Clubhouse state and local contract provider meetings.
- Encourages Board of Directors to participate in development act
- Advocates for and educates about mental illness and the mission and development of Hope Clubhouse in the larger community.
- Meets regularly with other community leaders. Cultivates alliances with other community organizations. Participates in campaigns to reduce stigma.
- Becomes recognized by legislators and city and county leaders. Develops relationships with potential transitional employment employers
- A university or college degree in human services, psychology, social work, public administration, or related field preferred (graduate degree also preferred).
- At least three years of experience or equivalent working with adults with mental illness preferred and Clubhouse experience.
- Experience in fundraising, public relations, and public advocacy. Human services and/or nonprofit program management experience. Education and/or work experience in vocational rehabilitation.
- Experience working with a board of directors.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to work flexible hours.
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to effectively communicate in a variety of formats and to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the “Carver Model of Governance” an advantage.
www.hopeclubhouse.org Submit resume to Kathleen Sager, Board Chair email@example.com