Social Practitioner, California Clubhouse, Inc.
Start Date By: ASAP
Looking for dynamic, hard-working, compassionate individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of adults recovering from mental illness!
California Clubhouse serves residents of San Mateo County, California living with major mental illnesses who are rebuilding their lives. We provide consistent pathways to opportunity and progress for these individuals. The Clubhouse model for mental health recovery is a community-based organization, located in San Carlos, where people can go every day during business hours to work on overcoming the obstacles they face. The Clubhouse also offers a social program on evenings, weekends, and holidays to support a healthy work/recreational life balance.
California Clubhouse is part of the thriving, global Clubhouse community that is creating hope and opportunity for those recovering in mental health. The Clubhouse network provides access to best practices, standards, and ongoing culture of depth and innovation.
Our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and our greater community. At California Clubhouse, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Title: Social Practitioner
Type: Full Time, Hourly
Salary: $21.63/HR, Health Benefits, and Paid Time Off
Reports To: Assistant Director
Job Description: A Clubhouse Social Practitioner holds a direct service position in a generalist role, though candidates may also be asked to focus in an area of expertise as determined by the organization and member’s needs. Central to the Social Practitioner’s role is engaging members in all aspects of clubhouse operation. This engagement is performed by helping members to experience a sense of belonging and being needed in the clubhouse community, with a focus on strengths, talents, and interests. Staff will offer a positive, supportive relationship that helps promote hope, choice, wellness and recovery for participants while working together as colleagues and mentors. The primary role of the Clubhouse Staff Generalist is to provide consistency within the work unit structure, ensuring an environment where opportunities for meaningful work and meaningful work-mediated relationships can thrive.
- • A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or unique skill set is preferred.
- • At least one year of experience working with adults with mental illness or demonstrated passion for helping people with mental illness succeed is preferred.
- • Current driver's license with clean driving record or willingness to acquire a driver's license within first 30 days of employment. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. Employ highly developed communication skills including cultural, language, and computer competency. Understanding of/interest in mental illness as well as mental and physical health.
- • Available to work a full-time position that may require emergency “off schedule” hours and attend out-of-town trainings (up to 3 weeks), conferences (up to one week), and advocacy activities (day trips).
- • Diverse computer competency and media development skills.
- • Ability to communicate effectively in person, virtually and in written formats
- • Ability to listen, problem solve, and multi-task effectively.
- • Ability to work with a sense of urgency and excitement about the work of the Clubhouse.
- • Ability to travel and attend international and national clubhouse conferences and training.
- • Provide Social Program activities that encourage a depth of opportunity and energy in alignment with the broad-scope and dignity associated with Clubhouse.
- • Result-oriented, responsible, organized, flexible, and a self-starter.
For consideration: Please send your resume and a cover letter that articulates your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements for this position attention: Erica Horn, Executive Director, HR@californiaclubhouse.org
For more information on California Clubhouse, please visit our website: californiaclubhouse.org
To learn more about our model, please visit: clubhouse-intl.org