Clubhouse Program Director Job Description
Vincent House Hernando, located in Spring Hill, Florida is seeking a dedicated, charismatic person with strong Clubhouse knowledge to serve as the program director of our two-year-old accredited Clubhouse. Vincent House Hernando is a sister Clubhouse to the original Vincent House located in Pinellas Park, FL. Vincent House Hernando has nearly 100 lifetime members, ADA of 17 and growing. It has six transitional placements and members collectively earned over $100,000 last year.
Our sister Clubhouse in Pinellas County has been open for over 16 years, was the first internationally accredited Clubhouse in Florida, is fiscally responsible and hosted the 15th International Seminar. Vincent House is a free-standing Clubhouse with a very committed Board of Directors.
The ideal person for this position must believe in the innate potential of every member and understand that recovery from a mental illness is not only possible; it is probable with the right supports.
- Master’s Degree in social work, psychology, rehabilitation or other related field from an accredited university preferred. Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of three years professional experience at an accredited Clubhouse
- Minimum of one year as a Program Coordinator or related position
- Must have attended or be willing to attend two or three-week Clubhouse Training at an approved training site
- Must maintain all license requirements
- Must be physically able to perform functions associated with this position, including ability to lift up to 30#, operate a motor vehicle, ability to be "on stage" all day,
- Must have friendly outgoing personality that will enable members to feel welcome and comfortable with the Clubhouse community
- Demonstrate passion for the philosophy of the Clubhouse model of rehabilitation
- Provide leadership and vision to the members and staff, upholding the integrity of the Clubhouse model and the coherence of the Vincent House community
- Identify, recruit, support and retain a team of results-oriented, creative thinkers as staff, and assume responsibility for their professional growth and development
- Encourage full member participation in all the work of Vincent House
- Provide innovative leadership in program development to keep Vincent House on the cutting edge in the Clubhouse world
- Oversee the programmatic, financial and administrative management of Vincent House
- Lead change, ensuring clarity, understanding and commitment to goals, objectives, timelines and outcomes
- Establish Vincent House as a resource for Mental Health services throughout the Hernando County area
- Develop strategies to maximize use of technology
- Build relationships with appropriate key leadership in partner organizations, state oversight agencies, and the community
- Actively foster/maintain relationships with donors and prospective donors
- Demonstrated success as a fundraiser, capable of articulating an organizational mission
- Demonstrated strategic vision and leadership, with ability to be hands-on when needed
- Demonstrated success as a general business manager with profit and loss accountability
- Ability to gain high level of community knowledge and connectivity
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and listening; experience representing an organization to the public
- Strong interpersonal skills; sensitivity to diversity and multi-cultural issues. Able to build effective relationships for the organization among diverse constituencies: Clubhouse staff, members, Board and the Community. Cultural competency is required.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational ability
- Experience using technology and electronic media
- Experience with government contracts a plus
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Elliott Steele at VincentHouse-Elliott@verizon.net.
Salary commensurate with experience AA/EOE