Want to be part of a dynamic, growing organization? Have a desire to be involved in an innovative and non-traditional approach to addressing mental illness? The Meeting Place Clubhouse is seeking a staff generalist to provide psychiatric rehabilitation services to adults with serious mental illness, in accordance with the standards of Clubhouse International: http://clubhouse-intl.org/
The Meeting Place is located in the Mission Hills/Little Italy area of San Diego, supports adult members (program participants) with mental illness on their journey of recovery and reintegration into the community. The Staff Generalist (see description below) works in close partnership with the Clubhouse members, other Staff Generalists, and the Clubhouse Director.
The Staff Generalist helps members meet their needs for employment, housing, education, friendship, structure, and stability in accordance with the model and standards of Clubhouse International. This is NOT a desk job or a case management position. Program participants are volunteers involved in doing everything necessary to run their own program (admin., data entry, cooking, cleaning, events, etc.). Staff Generalists work hands-on alongside the participants doing the same tasks.
This is a full-time, 40 hours/week, non-exempt position with benefits. Starting salary is $17-18/hour DOE.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply by email to LTreankler@tmpclubhouse.org only. No phone calls, please.
Include the following in your email or as an attachment: 1- Your resume 2- A cover letter telling us the following: a) Why you would be a great match for the position, given the job description below. b) your experience with social media, publisher, leadership and administrative abilities. All applicants need to be high energy with a strong work ethic and excellent problem solving skills.
Please visit The Meeting Place Clubhouse website (themeetingplaceinc.org) before writing your cover letter. You must send a cover letter to be considered!
STAFF GENERALIST POSITION
The duties, responsibilities, and conditions of the position include, but are not limited to the following (members are program participants):
• Lead members in work units at the Clubhouse doing everything involved in operating the program while modeling a strong work ethic.
• Generate member interest in participation in all aspects of the work-ordered day.
• Assist with internal and external employment and educational programs.
• Take leadership role in ensuring positive outcomes in the member's lives.
• Help members set and achieve personal career and wellness goals.
• Identify/use community, healthcare, and social service resources that promote member well-being, independence, and personal satisfaction.
• Help foster member self-advocacy.
• Provide leadership with members in relationship to Clubhouse mission and goals.
• Learn about and uphold standards of the Clubhouse model.
• Participate with members and staff in a collaborative decision-making process.
• Encourage members to take leadership roles.
• Staff Clubhouse social and recreational programs.
• Be available some weekend, evening, and holiday hours as assigned.
• High energy, optimistic individual; demonstrated ability to establish positive and productive relationships with others.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational abilities are essential.
• Previous successful work experience in a variety of vocational areas.
• Results-oriented self-starter.
• Flexible, considerate, patient, and tactful.
• Organized and able to thrive in a multi-task environment.
• Exhibits good judgment and strong problem-solving abilities.
• Bilingual helpful but not required (please describe in cover letter).
• Clerical experience and skills
• Multimedia skills/experience helpful but not required video production, websites, HTML, new technology, etc.)
• Two years working in an administrative and/or management setting
• BA or equivalent; preferably in a related field.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office software applications, demonstrated competency in general computer usage.
• Valid California driver's license required with a good driving record.
• Ability to pass a background check
• In-depth understanding of/interest in mental illness; mental health consumers and family members welcome to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17-18/hour DOE