Vincent House, a clubhouse of Van Gogh’s Palette, Inc., continues to evolve as an internationally recognized leader in providing high quality rehabilitation services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness in the greater Tampa Bay/Pinellas County Area. We seek a Director to manage Vincent House who will report to the CEO, salary to be commensurate with experience. Van Gogh’s Palette, Inc. has three distinct club houses, Vincent House is our foundation, we also have clubhouses in the surrounding counties and the directors are expected to work with the CEO and with the other clubhouse Directors as we ensure our mission is maintained at all locations and our procedures are substantially similar as those created by our founders, Elliott and Dianne Steele. While the mission and dedication remains the same, each clubhouse has its own unique personality and place in the community.
Our mission is to help adults recovering from mental illness attain employment, education, health/wellness and decent housing. Vincent House is Accredited by Clubhouse International, and adheres to the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of Van Gogh’s Palette, Inc., the Director will have strategic and operational responsibility for Vincent House. The Director will develop a deep knowledge of community behavioral health, and areas where rehabilitative and recovery-oriented behavioral health services are operating.
- Exude passion for the philosophy of the Clubhouse model of rehabilitation.
- Provide leadership and vision to the Clubhouse members and staff, upholding the integrity of the Clubhouse model and the coherence of the Vincent House community
- Identify, recruit, support and retain a team of results-oriented, creative thinkers as staff, and assume responsibility for their professional growth and development
- Supervise senior level staff
- Encourage full member participation in all the operations of Vincent House.
- Provide innovative leadership in program development to keep Vincent House on the leading edge of the sector
- Evaluate potential strategic partnerships, alliances and collaborations to more effectively and efficiently achieve the Van Gogh’s Palette mission
- Oversee the programmatic, financial and administrative management of Vincent House
- Lead change, ensuring clarity, understanding and commitment to goals, objectives, timelines and outcomes.
- Establish Vincent House as a resource for care management agencies and health care providers throughout the Pinellas County/Tampa Bay Area regarding the role of behavioral health providers and clubhouses
- Develop strategies to maximize use of technology
- Build relationships with appropriate key leadership in partner organizations, state oversight agencies, and the community
- Actively foster/maintain relationships with donors and prospective donors.
- Keep the CEO informed of Vincent House activities, progress and priorities.
- Five+ years of progressive experience in leadership positions.
- Demonstrated success as a fundraiser, capable of articulating an organizational mission.
- Demonstrated strategic vision and leadership, with ability to be hands-on when needed.
- Demonstrated success as a general business manager with profit and loss accountability.
- Ability to gain high level of community knowledge and connectivity
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and listening; experience representing an organization to the public.
- Strong interpersonal skills; sensitivity to diversity and multi-cultural issues. Able to build effective relationships for the organization among diverse constituencies: Clubhouse staff, members, and the Community. Cultural competency is required.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational ability.
- Experience using technology and electronic media to advance professional and organizational effectiveness.
- Experience with government contracts a plus.
- Have knowledge of housing programs and services within the state and local community; in the alternative have experience working with these programs and services in his/her area.
- Empathy for, understanding of, and respect for members
- Graduate Degree in rehabilitation counseling, public health, psychology, or related field preferred.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Raine Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org.