The Clubhouse Advisory Council is a group of experienced members and staff from strong Clubhouses who advise and counsel Clubhouse International staff and Board on all matters of program, long-range planning, and issues requiring unified advocacy throughout the worldwide Clubhouse community.
Advisory Council Members
Standards Review Committee
The Standards Review Committee (SRC) conducts an ongoing open process where any Clubhouse in good membership standing with Clubhouse International is welcomed and encouraged to make a proposal to improve the International Standards for Clubhouse programs. The Standards Review Committee has three specific responsibilities:
- To receive and review Standards change proposals against the following criteria (Note: The Clubhouse International Faculty has empowered/encouraged the Standards Review Committee to work with the proposing Clubhouse(s) to improve a proposal so that it meets the criteria:
- The proposal must be generally applicable to all Clubhouse International member Clubhouses.
- The proposal must be of universal concern to all Clubhouse International member Clubhouses.
- The proposal must be consistent with generally accepted values and principles of the Clubhouse model.
- The proposal must be submitted in the format requested by the Standards Review Committee.
- After determining that a proposal meets the above criteria, the Standards Review Committee circulates the proposal to all Clubhouse International Clubhouses and seeks feedback in support or opposition to the proposal. This is accomplished through electronic communication, hard copy postal service, open hearings at the biennial Clubhouse International Seminar and detailed discussions at Faculty meetings. (Note: This process is typically completed by collecting and distributing multiple proposals for consideration in scheduled process over a two-year period of time.)
- Make a determination about the level of support for each accepted proposal based on the feedback from the international Clubhouse community and recommend inclusion for only those proposed changes the received widespread support in the next published edition of the International Standards for Clubhouse Programs.